Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy pill

My car was submerged in the flood yesterday. Sigh... Depressed. Please tell me everything is going to be okay, because it sure looks like it's not going to be. In the most stressful posting now and one more, unexpected, unfortunate stressor for me. I DON'T DESERVE THIS! Why la God?!!

I try to find something positive out of any negative situation usually. I would think "Oh well, at least, I learn... " But this is just too bad and too big a situation for me to find something positive out of. Unexpected hundreds and possibly thousands to be spent for the repair, the time wasted worrying, the emotional stress, the inconvenience of not having a car, the silver cloud appearing above my head every time I think of the situation- like PTSD. I can't even look at Clinical Block without shuddering now.

Here's an attempt for optimism. Things could have been worse. And I have so many Good Samaritans lending me a hand. Today, my lecturer/ Nad's uncle came all the way to help me settle the problem. He and his friends tow my car all the way to his friend's workshop. Repair is definitely going to be way cheaper, at least. I find out who are my true friends and who isn't. I decided I am going to submerge myself completely into work the next week to take my mind off things. Talking to a patient today was some form of relief.

I need a happy pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment