Monday, May 30, 2011

The sweetest day of my life

I had the sweetest day of my life yesterday.

It began with Rocky Road. As I was strolling at The Rocks, a shopping area with dainty little shops, the walls of which are made of slabs of rocks (hence the name) and stalls along the walkway ala Malaysian pasar pagi, my eyes fell on the queer, totally unattractive- looking packet of candies (just imagine a rocky road). Rocky Road is a type of candy cubes consisting of chocolate, marshmallows, icing and nuts all MASHED into small, handy cubes. When I put it into my mouth, Oooo...! I had never looked back since. I bought 2 more packets at the airport...hee...

Few steps later, the colourful rock candies attracted me. They were so colourful with an array of shapes, patterns and sizes. They even come in lollies!

Dinner with Dr & Mrs See, family acquaintances, was another feast. The desserts... Ooooo.... I shall die with no regrets. Creme brulee with glazed apples, sticky date pudding with strawberries, tiramisu with strawberries, cannoli and another dessert, which I have forgotten the name of. I am not a food person, as in one who savours the food down right to its flavours. I cannot describe in elaborate detail how delicious the particular dish tastes. I just don't have enough food vocabulary. So it is better if I use illustrations.

Sticky rock candies
Rocky Road

Creme brulee
Cannoli
Sticky date pudding


All these in 1 day. Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment