Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This is my ideal day

My ideal day when I begin to work in the future will have to be something like what I went through today. Arrive at hospital at 8am, scrub in for surgery (but of course, I will be the one operating next time...muahahaha....*fantasizing*), end of surgery, grab lunch and coffee, scrub in for another surgery....*tick tock tick tock* end of surgery, 5.30pm, just in time to knock off from work. Wooo...!!!

I had a great day today. That of course have to do with the surgeries. The 2 scrub nurses were 2 of my favourites. Their cheerfulness and warmth make me feel at ease straightaway. Knowing that I may feel out of place, they always go out of their way to talk and explain the procedures to me. Watching them is a joy- to see the spring in every of their step (literally), their singing and tapping to the music even during surgery, their animated replies in conversations, their quick and agile hands during surgery, their chemistry with the surgeons. It's obvious that they are highly skilled and experienced nurses. One thing that makes them stand out among other experienced doctors or nurses in the theater is the joy and pride in which they carry out their duties. It was always a pleasure, literally, to work in the same room as them. I used to have difficulty distinguishing them from each other because of the similar cheerfulness.

I asked many questions today, which makes me happy. I always have questions. If I don't ask them, I get that strong yearning and burning feeling from inside until somehow I would just spit them out. Nobody will believe me if I tell them how difficult it is for me to ask a question. When a question pops up in my head, I will toss that question round and round in my head, dissect that question down to its appropriateness, quality, whether the answer could be easily obtained from the book, the phrasing of the question, the leading question to the answer, which could sometimes lead to another question. I am a complex person, I know. I am weird, I know that too. Believe me, I am trying to change. So you have no idea how contented I feel whenever I get my questions, which have to pass my personal screening process, answered. The answers have to satisfy me as well or that burning feeling or a new feeling of dissatisfaction or confusion will arise. And the cycle will continue.

I am such a boring person that I can barely stand myself sometimes. Like Shit, why do I find this an ideal day?!! An ideal day should involve the word 'beach', 'shopping', 'ice cream' or 'cuddling'. I hope I am still normal, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment