Monday, July 11, 2011

A wake-up call

I wish I can be one of twilight vampires, who don't need to sleep, eat or go to the toilet. 24 hours a day is just not enough for me!!! But then, where's the joy in life if we don't eat or sleep and maybe go to the toilet. Bathing and luxuriating in a nice bubble bath with nice bath soap can be enjoyable, I think. 

I have so many things to do- the amount of knowledge that I have to effortlessly cramp and force into my brain, the patients which I have to clerk for teaching sessions, the number of cases which I have to clerk and follow-up for case reports, the endless reports, assignments and presentations to prepare for, make me wish that I don't have to eat, sleep or go to the toilet so that I could have more time. I haven't enjoyed my lunch break since I started my posting because I get so stressed up preparing for the case presentation or teaching sessions after the lunch break. Jeez...I have to enroll in stress management class. Although I have to admit, this level of stress is pushing me to work harder...so, it's positive stress, I think.


BST today with Dr Teh made me feel as if I am still a 3rd-year student, instead of a final year student. My presentation, the knowledge...GOSH! It was like a wake-up call for me. I have so much to brush up before I can call myself a final year student. I am not even close yet, for now.

Hopefully,. I will improve and be better by the end of this posting, up to the level of "a future houseman who is safe and qualified to work for me" standard, according to how Dr Teh puts it.

No comments:

Post a Comment