Wednesday, June 15, 2011

GO AWAY

How do you tell someone to go away in a nice way? How do you deal with someone that is annoying the hell out of you? Seriously. I actually googled 'How to deal with annoying people' and it wasn't very helpful. Not when that person has absolutely no insight, is delusional and has grandiosity. I find it so exhausting at the end of the day because of the tremendous amount of extra effort and tolerance that I have to put in to deal with such a person.

What further aggravates the situation is that I have a very short fuse. I am not a patient person by nature, though it doesn't mean that I can't be nurtured to be one. I am trying very hard, really, to control my temper, to NOT roll my eyes, to control my facial expression, to smile more often, to speak in a softer and more polite tone. But it's not always possible, especially when I have had a bad day. I like nice people, everyone does and so, I try to be nice too. One of the things I always ask God for is to bless me with kindness- to be kind in my thoughts, in my speech and in my action.Somehow, I believe I have mellowed quite a bit (don't laugh!). That's because previously I was in the comfort of close childhood friends, who know me inside out, who know that my outburst disappears as fast as it happens. But I am grown up now. I am out in this world, all alone, among strangers, acquaintances and colleagues, whom ironically, I have to make extra effort to get along with. And so, I can't afford to just blow a fuse as 'freely' as I could. But, this has turned out for the better. I vote for whatever that can make me more tolerant, although I still think having A BIT of a temper doesn't hurt because that helps keep bullies away. I have never ever been bullied.

How did I go from talking about annoying people to my temper?! I have been having flight of ideas recently. Anyway, please la, God, keep all these annoying people away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment