Wednesday, March 2, 2011

That I cannot accept

"We have discussed it but we have not finalized the decision. We think that if we give it to you, then the others might want to apply for it too. So please understand."

The more I think about it, the more absurd I think the reason is. Or should I call it an excuse. I applied for the elective posting incentive few weeks ago. The reason I applied is of course, most importantly, I could do with the extra money. The other reason is that there are 10 more unclaimed incentives out there, worth a total of RM 10,000, which could well be a great help to 10 more students who need it. 

If the school finds replacement students to receive the incentives, then fair enough. But the thing is, they don't plan to. The money is for us, students. Since the original recipients could not claim the incentive, why not give it to other students? So now what? The school is just going to keep the money for other more useless and idiotic activities like 5S? Or masuk kocek sendiri...touche!

If you tell me I am not eligible (results not good enough, not active enough, bad discipline), I will accept the reason. But no, the school is not able to give me the incentive because other students might want to apply for it?!!! WTF! So what? Why not let the students apply for the remaining incentives then? Fair and square. So now, you are indirectly telling me you're too lazy to read or consider more applications should it happen..that I cannot accept. To think that you guys actually discuss about this and came up with this excuse of telling me NO. I would rather you just tell me NO outright and not give me any reason because that is one lame reason. The fact that I am calling it a reason is already giving you more compliment than you deserve. 
(I'm referring to the school as a whole. Okay, maybe the HEAD of the school, who decides these things, not the direct lecturer that I'm in correspondence with.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment