Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sound of chickens

I can't believe the sound of chickens sent me into an uncontrollable fits of laughter till I nearly choked for laughing too hard. It all began when I was cooking my duck- flavoured maggi mee and Lok commented that something smelled like fried chicken. And Nadiah made things worse by saying "Duck-flavoured? As in QUACK QUACK?" But Lok's comment of 'fried chicken' stopped me for a second. Suddenly, I realised that I forgot what sounds do chickens make. My mind just couldn't recall and imagine the sounds of chicken. I know in English, we write as "Cluck cluck" but that's just in WORDS. And this Nadiah went and said "Don't chickens make sounds like "Cock-a-doo-da-doo". I was like "WHAT!! NO!!!" My auditory cortex and temporal lobe just refused to summon the auditory image.

As usual, when my mind is sent into a state of confusion, I HAVE to clear it. And so I did, by searching on YouTube "Sounds of Chicken". And of course, I got my answer from the video but again, this time, it wasn't my mind that 'cracked up'. I cracked up, into fits of laughter when I watched this video.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpNgah-e6v4

Now I think I'm nuts for finding this video funny. Hmm...Nadiah was bursting into laughter too when I forced her to watch it. So maybe, I'm not nuts after all.

And of course, CHICKENS "Pokk...pokkk...".

No comments:

Post a Comment