Sunday, August 8, 2010

"REMOVE MOUNTAINS"

"Remove mountains" is a common Jewish phrase for removing difficulties. A wise teacher who could solve difficulties was called a "mountain remover". This is what I've read in 'Lectio Divina', a booklet I read as a shortcut to the Bible. Sigh....I'm a terrible Catholic, who needs a shortcut, yes.

The problem with my elective payment has caused me much frustration and worries, yes again, I'm a worrier. As my mum always do, the first thing she asked me whenever I told her of any problem I'm facing is "Did you pray over it?" And as usual, that question will be met with a guilty silence and a surprisingly, shocking enlightenment. I'm amazed and yet annoyed at myself because I can forget AGAIN AND AGAIN, what seems so obvious. I mean it's so obvious that prayers are ESSENTIAL and I truly believe and know that. And yet, every time I'm met with no matter how big or small the obstacle, I will be so caught up with my worries and frustration that it completely slips my mind the most obvious and easiest solution: PRAY. How many times do I have to experience God's greatness and miracles to get that into my thick head?!!

God has spoken to me. The Saturday readings in Lectio Divina which I was reading was "Nothing will be impossible to you" and Jesus said "....if you have faith a grain of a mustard seed, you will say this to the mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move." If I only I had that amount of faith, my problem could have been solved long ago. But now's not too late.

I know now that my problem IS SOLVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment