Sunday, August 1, 2010

Murphy's law

Murphy's law states that "Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong." or
Bak pepatah "Sudah jatuh ditimpa tangga".

I worry too much. You know why? Even when I'm having peaceful and problem-free days/ weeks, I would start to worry because I know something is going to go wrong soon because, knowing LIFE, it wouldn't be that easy...I wouldn't get to live my life peacefully and problem-free ever after. Of course, looking back, most of my problems got solved in the end (Praise God!) but the process of going through and solving those problems is just torture.

AHH...I can't wait for my rough phase to be over and the peaceful phase to come.

Though if I think logically and "Count my blessings" (*roll eyes*), of course, my problems are nothing compared to so many others' out there. But sometimes, I just want to be irrational and sulk and complain and NOT count my blessings and just cry over how big my troubles are. I want my problems to be acknowledged as important and a big deal and be sympathized. Right, I'm pathetic. Most of the time, my parents fulfill that need, their words soothe and comfort me. And by acknowledging how 'big' and important my problems are, they make me feel like I'm such a strong and independent person and THAT gives me new strength to go on.

Moral support including words of encouragement and prayers cannot be seen or touched or measured. So, it is very easy to forget these abstract forms of support compared to more concrete forms like material/ monetary support. It is very easy to shout "What have you done for me?" but it is difficult to reply "Remember the encouragement that I gave you?" or "The prayers I have said for you". Those don't sound very convincing as opposed to "I bought you a car" or "I bought you that handphone".

That being said, I think moral support, encouragement and prayers may well be the more essential thing we need in order to go on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment