Sunday, March 11, 2012

Nightmare

I woke up at dawn today with a jolt. A nightmare woke me. I very very seldom have dreams and nightmares. I dreamt that I was back at my old house, the house I grew up as a child. I was at my kitchen and I saw some movement outside the window. I thought it was a cat trying to jump in through the window. My old neighbourhood, was notorious for stray cats. It turned out that it wasn't a cat but only a man on a bicycle passing by. It was too late, because I had thought it was a cat and I had uttered 'Shoo'. The man must have been offended, or so I thought in the nightmare. He stopped, passed his hand through my kitchen window and took a piece of food off the table and fed it to his cat. Somehow he had a cat with him. LOL... And then, he got off his bicycle, and tried to undo the lock on my window grill (the lock was unlocked) to climb in. I was looking at him and shouting for my mum and quickly got hold of a knife to threaten him. But he was oblivious to my knife and shouting and continued to climb in.

And then I woke up. I could remember the face of this man so vividly. No, it's not someone I know. But, his face is so vivid that if the police asked me to identify this man, I would have done so straightaway without a doubt. It got me thinking... I have been lucky so far in that I have never encountered a thief or robber face-to-face. *shuddering at the thought of it*  I can't imagine what I would do especially if the robber/thief is someone who is not afraid of you...like that guy in my nightmare, who would continue to charge at you despite your realization of what he is going to do.

I have never considered the crime rates of a city as a factor when I decide where to stay or live. I am going to apply to a hospital in JB for my HO. One of my friends, a guy might I add, told us that among his reasons for not applying to JB is the high crime rates. I found it so ridiculous then. Maybe it isn't that preposterous after all.

The last time I had a really really terrible nightmare, I woke up crying like a burst pipe, scaring my roommates. I had dreamed that something had happened to my parents. It was so real that I could remember hoping, even in my dreams, that everything would only be a dream. Of course, one of the reasons I woke up crying that time was because I was so relieved that it was only a dream. This time again, I had an almost irresistible urge to call home and make sure my family is okay. I know I am not psychic. I am not one of those people whose dreams mean something and turn out to be true. It's just I am a bit paranoid when it comes to the safety and well-being of mi familia. Isn't everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment