Sunday, March 18, 2012

I want to but I am too chicken

The 2 things which I have always wanted to do but have not yet mustered enough courage to do are:

Get a tattoo. Too paranoid about getting Hepatitis or HIV from non-sterile tattoo equipment. My career, not to mention my life, would be over even before I could begin to say OVER. But I'm sure there are 'clean' tattoo parlors around...hmmm...

Shave my head. I want to shave my head once and donate it for the cancer project where they use real hair to make wigs for cancer patients. I have been following this blog about a young lady with breast cancer fighting for her life. She is getting married soon and her friend has decided to shave her head and donate her hair so that she can wear a wig made out of real hair for her wedding. These are photos of the process.

http://www.client.francescamoore.co.uk/CharityHeadShave_WEB/index.html

There are quite a number of organizations where you can donate your hair to in UK, not sure about Malaysia, though. There's also this Hair for Hope event held in Singapore annually.

http://www.hairforhope.org.sg/

http://www.locksoflove.org/mission.html

http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate/hair.aspx - This organization is based in UK and they accept hair from overseas!

But still, it'll be better to donate to a Malaysian organization first. Help fellow Malaysians first bah...But I can't find any place to donate hair to in Malaysia!!!  Me mum's a hairdresser. It could be my little project during the holidays.

My hair is really long now and it's thick and healthy, although there are few strands of grey in it. I'm tempted to change my hairstyle. Maybe I can take the shortcut. I will not shave but just cut my hair short and donate it. Some website say you need at least 10 inches of hair....hmm.... But it's not nice doing things halfway, not in full spirit of supporting the cause.

Off to measure my hair and imagining myself bald.....

1 comment:

  1. I'll shave with you!! I've always wanted to do it although I doubt my hair will ever be 10 inches. So I'll just teman you? Both of us bald...EPIC

    ReplyDelete