Sunday, January 1, 2012

Have faith

New year! New beginning. New adventures. New experiences. New hopes and wishes.

Recap of 2011

Great year with not many ups and downs actually. A pretty static year. Finished Year 4 and started Year 5 with Elective posting in Sydney. Had a great learning experience and holiday in Sydney. All thanks to my brother. It was great seeing him and catching up after a year plus. First time observing cardiothoracic surgeries which was really really interesting. It makes me want to watch Paediatric cardiothoracic surgeries now, after having watched the adult ones. Released I don't like the cold weather overseas, I prefer the sunny, hot and even humid weather in the tropics where I get to wear thin, colorful, 1-layer clothes, instead of having to bundle myself in layers of dark-colored clothes overseas. Urggh... But Sydney was definitely the highlight of 2011.

I would like to think I have gained more knowledge, maturity and wisdom. Hihi... Year 5...let's see. I'm sure that I don't like OBGYN. I think Medicine is really really difficult and complex and that I may not be cut out for it BUT I won't rule out the possibility of being a physician, maybe just to take up the challenge. I know, I must be crazy. I really enjoyed Paeds. I have always liked surgery, but I have yet to complete surgical posting, so I won't comment further until then. I like E. Med too but I don't really have much exposure to it at the moment.

I find out the meaning of true friendship and save some of my time by deciding to stop putting effort in maintaining those that are not worth my time.

The only true down in 2011 was the flood incident, when my car was submerged. That was a true nightmare. And that expensive traffic fine that had burnt a hole in my pocket.

And that nobody has yet managed to steal my heart, other than these 2 angels.


Dear Lord, these are my prayers and wishes for 2012:

That my family and I be healthy, safe and happy. Bless us with some wealth too. Hehe..

That I be a doctor by April 2012- passed my Prof Exams at one go, get a great hospital for housemanship and a smooth beginning for my career.

To love more and forgive easily.

That the perfect match that you have made for me in heaven will appear soon.
Well, you see, God, my risk of breast cancer is increased if I remain nulliparous from age 25 onwards, not to mention that the rates of fertility problems and obstetrics complications increase as a woman's age progresses. Besides, I really love kids (though that doesn't equate to being a good mum). And I don't desire to be that weird, fierce, bitter and difficult person that are common qualities associated with spinsterhood. I know, this is an unfair stereotype. Oh well, when the time comes and spinsterhood is inevitable, I would get a dog. LOL. 

A chance to travel. You know which countries are on my mind... *with pleading, angelic eyes*


If I am being too greedy, I will compromise, God, with just the above 2. Thank you.


To be honest, I am a little afraid. The pessimism within reminds me that there can never be only ups in life. So I am already afraid for the downs.


BE NOT AFRAID, EUNICE.  TRUST IN THE LORD, HAVE FAITH...

No comments:

Post a Comment