Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmases

It's Christmas again!

2007 Xmas- Year 1 as med student: Could not, for the life of me, remember where and what I did for Xmas that year. Couldn't even remember if I was in KK or BP. Age is catching up on me.

2008- Year 2- Xmas in KK. A bunch of friends joined Agnes and I for Christmas Eve Mass. Forced 'someone' to exchange Xmas gift with me. Alas, we are not meant to be. Moving on........(literally)

2009- Year 3- Christmas in Dr WWM's house in Sandakan. Had a great time. We had a caroling session during the Xmas party and the amazing thing was that our Muslim friends joined us...One even played the guitar for us...All the lecturers, none of whom are Christians joined in and had a jolly time as well. Oh, and Dr WWM, wasn't even a Christian.

2010- Year 4- Christmas in BP. Opened our house to the carolers. Leonard, my brother, was the Santa Claus. LOL...Our Leonard, who is always so shy with us at home, was, beyond our wildest dream, dancing and jollying all the way as the Santa Claus. Seemed like I didn't know my brother that well after all.

2011- Year 5- Christmas in KK. Probably my last Christmas here (if I don't ever return). Unexpectedly bought a lovely dress last minute, just few hours before Mass, which kinda kept me more in the mood for Christmas. Lol...So shallow of me. Can't stand myself. CHRISTMAS IS NOT ABOUT FASHION SHOW OR MATERIALISM! Ish...  I feel kinda bad. I didn't even have my confession before Xmas this year- Again, I put my studies, needs, convenience above God and missed confession. Sigh...When am I going to learn!
        Had supper at a Spanish restaurant with Agnes, Chandran and Nadiah after Mass and as usual, good company= good time. Oh, and we had a CHRISTMAS PICNIC this morning. It was my first time having a picnic. Bought lots of food last night and woke up early to prepare them this morning- Mayo sandwiches, cheese sausages, Chicken and mushroom soup, Fried chicken, Iced lemon tea and Shir Lee bought chrysanthemum tea, like the homemade type. Reminded me of home.
         Before I left BP last week, Erin organized a pre-Christmas Christmas dinner. I had such a good time with Erin, Michele, Wendy and Bee. All of us who used to be based out of BP, were on that rare occasion, all around in BP. Reminisced about high school years- the stupid things we did- Laughed the whole night. LOVE YOU GIRLS!

Besides recalling my previous Christmases, I also tend to imagine my future Christmases. I hope my future Christmases will be as good as all my previous ones or be even better yet.

Nadiah made a video of the Christmas picnic. Laughed my head off. 
It was such a nice, funny, happy video.


No comments:

Post a Comment