Friday, December 9, 2011

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Have I mentioned how much I love my besties here, Nadiah and Chandran? I don't know why but in recent weeks I have come to realize how precious our friendships, or rather, any good friendship, is and I learn to appreciate them even more. Maybe because during the flood incident, Nad was there for me, throughout. Not that she hasn't been there for me ALL the time. And Chand sent a text msg of concern and that one text message was enough to make me feel better as opposed to others, who annoyingly asked me every detail like the price of my car repair, how my car was towed, every single detail of my experience. Come on, you guys are just nosy, not concerned. Plus whenever it starts to rain, these people will get all worried about their car, when it has only started drizzling. Like they are the ones suffering from PTSD from MY experience. It certainly didn't make me feel good whenever they did that. And another friend, whose friendship that I've decided to give up completely. All relationships need effort on both sides to maintain. I don't hate you but I just think  that friendship with you is not worth the effort of maintaining. 

I guess it's my fault that I have taken the people around me somewhat for granted. It's a good thing that I realized this in time, while I still have them. 

Like today, Nad, Chand and I went to Lok Kawi Wildlife Park. We don't need to plan ahead in detail. Nor do we need to for any of our activities. When one of us suggested something, it's definitely a sure thing that the other 2 of us will say yes, with no fuss at all. As opposed to when I tried inviting other friends (outside our clique), it's always a complicated affair. There's definitely something to oppose about, the time, the place, the transport, the something. And so, with time, we learn NOT to invite others, just us...Haha...which proved to be a wise choice because we always have the best time. In times of stress, our little outing- meals or movie together, provided me comfort and relief. In leisure times, hanging out with them just makes things 10 times fun-ner. 

So, this is what we have- Nad, Chand and I.- the close bond, the camaraderie, the chemistry, the ability to put up with each other's differences, complementing each other's inadequacies, the comfort and ease in each other's presence AND sharing a common phobia- All 3 of us are terrified of snakes. Haha...

I pray that our friendship will get stronger with years to come. This is mushy but I love you guys!


You 2 should really take more photos together. Can't seem to find many photos  of  you 2 taken together.
Chand is too dark...lol..

Nature lovers...(Yeah..right)

No comments:

Post a Comment