Sunday, May 26, 2013

Short bursts of happiness


Trying very hard not to feel depressed. The time right before work is always worse as the thought of going to that hellhole is just well, depressing. But when it' s time to go home, I would always feel happy. And I always feel good during my off days. But not anymore recently. During my off days, I find that I am feeling a bit down too. Nope,that can't do! Refused to let stupid O&G defeat me although I know this is going to be a tough battle since the new shift system is out and it involves us working for even longer hours.

And so I am trying to give myself short bursts of happiness here and there to counter that depressed feeling. Forced myself to come to the mall today and just hang out. Kinda missed Nadiah who would always be there for me in Uni. She seemed to be able to sense it whenever I was feeling down. She would ask me out for shopping or a movie or a nice meal or go eat some really sinful cakes/ ice cream/ chocolate.

Although there is no replacement for a good friend, I thank God for a new company, for bringing him into my life.

We went for a little road trip to Desaru, my suggestion, of course. Need to get out of town for a bit..so sick of work and the hospital and the town.

                                                       
The desaru beach was surprisingly quite clean and nice.

                                           

                 
Ostrich farm                                         
It's really not bad. They have guides and every few minutes there'll 
be someone giving a talk and introduction about ostriches. 

                                         



                                           

                               

The ostrich egg is hugeeee! We have been told that an ostrich egg is equivalent to 25 chicken eggs! Guess how do you open an ostrich egg? They used a drill! 

I have a photo of me standing on 2 ostrich eggs but I don't have the photo with me. It's quite amazing how big and hard an ostrich egg is. 

We tried the ostrich satay. If you want to visit the farm, I suggest you go with an empty stomach because there are a variety of ostrich meat products for you to try- fried ostrich eggs, ostrich bak kut teh (lol?!), ostrich satay, ostrich steak, ostrich meat curry etc etc. Too bad we already had lunch before we went there.
And if you're lucky, you'll get to witness some extra scenes like ostrich copulating.. Haha.. We were lucky. 

2 comments:

  1. Been feeling down too....surgical stress is crazy and I'm soo over it. Miss having you around & hanging out at the beach/park/mall hahaha. Glad to see you have a good 'friend' to hang out with.
    MISS U LOADS. BIG HUG :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw i got you another tattoo idea hehe http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1h25lBnqa1qam9bmo1_500.jpg

    ReplyDelete